It’s my two-year blogiversary!
Two years ago, Tinseled Pink was born. During finals week Junior year of college, when I was deep into my Master’s thesis project and needed a SERIOUS outlet (even though my thesis was MOSTLY fun because it was about fashion), I thought it’d be the perfect time to start coding, creating a logo and launching a fashion blog.
Fast-forward to three months after clicking publishing on my first post, Teen Vogue and Express asked me to be a social media ambassador during Teen Vogue Fashion U. I thought, “I only have a few hundred followers. Why me?!” Then I worked with local boutiques in Arizona, and eventually brands around the country, who found me online.
Blogging has not only given me an overwhelming amount of new additions to my wardrobe, but also an overflow of love from fellow bloggers, support from around the world and networking and career opportunities (most of my job interviewers have perused my blog before asking for an interview!).
I’ve gotten the chance to work with some incredibly talented photographers and brands who have made this blog possible and have put up with me being picky about getting my “right angle.” A HUGE thank you to all those who’ve snapped a pic for the ‘gram and the blog because Tinseled Pink would not exist without you!
Particularly, this little fashion blog really took off when I temporarily moved to Des Moines for a job in e-commerce. There were about two other fashion bloggers there, so when a “big-city” girl moves to a little town and has a blog, brands are going to suck you up like a vacuum, and that’s just what happened! Aside from all the cool collaborations I did in the Midwest (Mother Trucker, F&F, Shop Ditto, American Eagle x Don’t Ask Why), I met one of my dear friends Abigail Tocci, who I met through a Facebook page when I was looking for someone to shoot my photos for the blog when I moved.
This year, I’ve got my biggest, pinch-me blog collaboration coming up realllyyyyy soon, and I know you’re 100% familiar with the brand. You most definitely own something of theirs in your closet. And if ya don’t, you’ll want to run to the mall ASAP once you see how they’re rebranding.
2016, you’ve blown my mind when it came to blog collaborations, career opportunities and personal growth. To give you a snapshot of what happened during this whirlwind of a year, here are the highlights of last year (in no particular order):
- Graduated ASU (with Honors) with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication and a certificate in sales and marketing
- Moved by myself without knowing a soul to Des Moines, Iowa, to work for Meredith Corporation’s e-commerce team (Shape, Fitness, Better Homes and Gardens, MyWedding, More, Parents)
- Became the editorial assistant at HobokenGirl.com. I’ve only been to Hoboken once in my life to visit Carlo’s Bakery, but my boss took a leap of faith by hiring me 🙂
- Met/Interviewed Rachel Zoe and Kate Spade, two of my biggest fashion business idols
- Became the social media director of Reva Wear (I’ve traveled to San Francisco twice now for Reva events)
- Went to Napa, Sonoma and San Francisco for the first time for my graduation trip in May
- Started freelancing for Meredith Corporation and started monetizing my blog
Here’s what I’m looking forward to this year:
Continuing to do what I love. Cheesy, I know, I know. But I’m SO blessed to have the opportunity to do so many different jobs that keep me on my toes and allow me to explore different parts of this country. And working from home in my pajamas all day sometimes 😉
Here’s to creating another unreal list of highlights this year — It’s time to pop some bubbly!
I can’t thank you all enough for following along this journey with me! 2016 was supposed to be “my year,” and it surely was.
Cheers to 2017!
Photography by Rebecca Condruti (hugeeee shout out to her!)